|Project's title||Marine environment monitoring in the Central part of Vietnam, 2022|
|Research hosting institution||Institute of Mechanics|
|Project leader’s name||PhD. Pham Thi Minh Hanh|
|Project duration||01/01/2022 - 31/12/2022|
|Project’s budget||1,600 million VND|
|Goal and objectives of the project||
- Monitoring of three environmental components: marine water, sediment and organisms (plankton and benthos) in the central region coastal areas from Quang Binh to Binh Dinh provinces to detect the environmental quality changing and pollution. On the basis of the monitoring data, the envỉonmental degradation warnings can be made. Therefore its will contribute to marine environment pollution control and prevention;
- Meeting the demand for information on the quality of Vietnam's coastal marine environment..
- Scientific results: Coastal marine environment quality data including physical-chemical parameters; nitrogen and phosphorus nutrients; heavy metals and cyanide; coliform; oil; PCBs, PAHs, pesticides, planktons, benthos and sediment grain size from three sampling campains conducted in March, June, August and November of 2022 at 9 sampling sites along the coast line from Quang Binh to Binh Dinh province, including Deo Ngang, Dong Hoi, Con Co, Cua Viet, Thuan An, Da Nang, Dung Quat, Sa Huynh and Quy Nhon.
- Applied results: Monitoring data would be helpful for managers of Pollution Control Department (Vietnam Environment Administration) and the related provinces for assessment the environmental quality status and timely warning about environmental pollution in the Central part of Vietnam.
|Novelty and actuality and scientific meaningfulness of the results||
A new data set on coastal marine environment quality of the Central part of Vietnam in 2022.
|Products of the project||
- Technological products (describe in details: technical characteristics, place):
+ Technological products: 04 Monitoring reports for 4 sampling campains and Summary report of 2022.
+ Storing place: Center for Scientific Information, Department of Planning and Finance and Institute of Mechanics (Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology); Centre for Environmental Monitoring (Vietnam Environment Administration).
The task of coastal marine environment monitoring in the Central region as well as the North and the South has been conducted for nearly 30 years, providing synchronous data, frequency 2-4 times/year on environmental quality of the coastal waters of Vietnam. The operation of the national environmental monitoring network, of which the central coastal marine environment monitoring is a component, complies with the Law on Environmental Protection and the decisions approving the master plan of the environmental amd natural resources monitoring network. However, in the Law on Environmental Protection (Law No. 72/2020/QH14), Article 109, which regulates environmental monitoring responsibilities, lists a number of ministries and provincial People's Committees (Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Ministry of Health and Ministry of National Defense (in which the Ministry of National Defense is assigned the responsibility to monitor offshore environment), without the Academy of Sciences and Technology. Therefore, leading to problems in assigning the task of coastal marine environment monitoring to VAST.
|Images of project|| |