|Project's title||Study on the molecular effect of secondary compounds extracted from Helicteres hirsuta Lour. on liver cancer cells|
|Research hosting institution||Graduate University of Science and Technology|
|Project leader’s name||Dr. Nguyen Van Tru|
|Project duration||01/06/2020 - 30/06/2022|
|Project’s budget||300 million VND|
|Goal and objectives of the project|| |
- Evaluation of biological activity at the in vitro level of crude extracts with different extraction solvents and purified compounds on liver cancer cell lines.
|Main results|| |
1. The secondary compounds have been successfully isolated from Helicteres hirsuta Lour. The total methanol extraction obtained accounted for 5.07% of the initial dry mass. Layered extraction with solvents of different polarity, recorded the highest percentage of Dichloromethane extract. Followed by n-Hexane and ethyl acetate extracts.
|Novelty and actuality and scientific meaningfulness of the results|| |
- Develop experiments to help screen anticancer activity for new compounds.
|Products of the project|| |
- Scientific papers in referred journals (list): 02 Papers
Tru Van Nguyen Luong Thi Tran Huong Ho Thi Ho Manh Tuong Van Hong Nguyen Van Hanh Nguyen Thuy Thi Bich Le (2022). Ethyl Acetate Extract of Helicteres hirsuta Suppresses MCF-7 Human Breast Cancer Cell Mobility. Annual Research & Review in Biology, 10-17 DOI: 10.9734/arrb/2022/v37i730517
Tru Van Nguyen, Luong Thi Tran, Huong Thi Ho, Thi Thao Do, Van Hanh Nguyen, Duc Hoang Le, Ngoc Anh Ho, Thi Nguyet Doan, Duong Hoang Nguyen, Duong Pham Quang, Thuy Thi Bich Le. Dichloromethane Extract of Helicteres hirsuta Inhibits Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cell Proliferation and Migration Via Downregulating EMT Marker Expressions. Latin American Journal of Pharmacy
- Patents (list): 01 utility solution
|Research area|| |
This research direction should continue to contribute effectively to the conservation of other endangered species in Vietnam
|Images of project|| |