|Address:9/621 Hanoi highway, Linh Trung Ward, Thu Duc District, HCM city
|Director: Prof. Hoang Nghia Son
|Vice Director: Dr. Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao |
Dr. Nguyen Van Tu
Decision No: 22/ KHCNQG-QĐ, date 6/19/1993
Signed by: Nguyen Van Hieu-the Director of the National Center of Science and Technology (the Vietnamese Academy of Science and Technology presently)
| || || |
|Director: ||Prof. Hoang Nghia Son |
|Vice Director: ||Dr. Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao |
| ||Dr. Nguyen Van Tu |
| || |
|SCIENTIFIC COUNCIL |
- Chairman: Dr. Vu Ngoc Long
- Vice Chairman: Dr. Nguyen Huu Ho
- Secretary: Dr. Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao
- Members: Prof. Dr. Hoang Nghia Son, Dr. Le Cong Nhat Phuong,Dr. Hoang Kim Anh,Assoc Prof. Dr. Nguyen Thi Quynh,Dr. Hoang Quoc Khanh,Dr. Nguyen Thi Thanh,Dr. Le Chien Phuong,Dr. Vu Van Do,Assoc Prof. Dr. Nguyen Tien Thang,Assoc Prof. Dr. Ngo Ke Suong,Dr. Van Thi Hanh,Dr. Thai Xuan Du
|FUNCTIONS AND TASKS |
- Doing basic research, applying and developing technology in the scientific fields: Physiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Ecology, Biological resources, Environment and Bio-active compounds.
- Researching on basic and modern sciences in physiological, biochemical of plants, animals and microorganisms.
- Studying many scientific - technological subjects which are in fields: Plant cell technology, Plant genetic engineering, Animal cell and embryo culture, Microbiology, Bioactive compounds technology, Bio conversion technology, Food technology and Technology for treatment of environment pollution.
- Doing basic investigations and researches about problems in ecology, biological resources and environmental impact assessment.
- Applying, deploying technologies and carrying out science and technology services related fields.
- Joining in training cadres who research about science and technology in biology. Organizing international cooperation in biological fields.
- Managing staffs, infrastructure and other properties of the institute.
|ORGANIZATIONS || ||HUMAN RESOURCES |
- Department of Biological Resources
- Department of Environmental Management & Technology
- Department of Ecology
- Department of Animal biotechnoloy
- Department of Plant cell technology
- Department of Gene technology
- Department of Bio-conversion Technology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Bio-active Compounds
- National Key Laboratory of Plant cell technology
- Center for Biodiversity and Development
- Administrative Department
| || |
| || |
| || || || |
|Total: 167 |
- Regular staff: 71
- Contract staff: 96
- Professors: 0
- Associate Professors: 04
- PhD. researchers: 22
- MS. researchers: 38
- Masters: 31
- Bachelors: 71
- Others: 36
- Research hosting institution of many projects at all levels: State project grant, protocol projects, VAST’s projects and projects of Department of Science and Technology of provinces.Research hosting institution of many projects at all levels: State project grant, protocol projects, VAST’s projects and projects of Department of Science and Technology of provinces.
- Implementing the contract with the Department of Science and Technology of the South provinces.
- Besides doing basic research, ITB is also focusing on advanced technology development activities, application of scientific results into practice and have recently achieved many successes. At the present, ITB has obtained over 20 types of products being commercialized at the local market, and 10 products of which (leaf fertilizers and flowering, fruit-set stimulators) were introduced in the permit list of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. In 2011, total revenue from the activities of scientific and technological services is 3.330 billion VND.
- The activities above based on 4 main researches:
- Plant cell technology and Plant genetic engineering.
- Animal biotechnology
- Bioactive compounds technology, Bio conversion technology, Environmental and Microbiology.
- Ecology and Biological resources.
- International cooperation:
- ITB have signed agreement with Russian Academy of Science and Technology,
- St. Petersburg Institute of Zoology; Ukraine Academy of Science; Kiev Botanical Gardens, Ucraina; PharmaBiotek Ltd., Ukraine; Praha Botanical Gardens; International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN); World Wide Fund For Nature (WWF); Graduate School of Horticulture, Univ. of Chiba, Japan; Univ. of Tsukuba, Japan; Univ. of Tokyo, Japan; Tottori Univ., Japan; Algen Sustainable, Washington State, USA; McKnight Foundation, USA; National Institute of Scientific Research, Quebec, Canada; Environmental Science Centers, Quebec, Canada; Ontario Royal Botanical Gardens, Canada; Kunming Institute of Zoology (Chinese Academy of Science).
- Plant cell biotechnology: Rapid micropropagation of economically potential plants by using plant cell, tissue culture.
- Animal reproductive biology (embryo transplantation, artificial insemination, reproductive control by hormone …for cow)
- Investigating, inspecting and conserving of biodiversity; estimating the effects of environment by using bio-indicators and applying the new technologies to environmental treatment.
- Organizing the training courses and seminars on the biodiversity protection and climate change.
- Producing and dealing in biological products which are based on the results of research for breeding livestock, poultry, aquiculture; cultivation and environmental treatment (BIO-I, BIO-II, BIO-F, BT…).
|OTHER INFORMATION |