- Implement science and technology tasks on the basis of the functions and duties of the Institute;
- International cooperation in the field of human genetics and endemic organisms and related biomedical fields.
- Participation in graduate training at Graduate University of Science and Technology (GUST), University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH), Hanoi Open University, etc
- In 2021, the Institute had a total of 78 scientific papers, of which 20 articles were published in international journals (16 SCI, 11 SCI-E, 01 VAST1 and 04 ISSN articles) and 46 articles in national journals. The Institute published two monographic books in natural science and technology.
- The Institute continued to lead the implementation of 07 State-level projects, 10 projects funded by National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED), and 13 projects financed by Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, and other tasks in four main research directions: human, animal, plant, microbial and insect genomes.
- Number of PhD students trained at the Institute: 19
- Number of PhD students from the Institute currently studying abroad: 04