|Chairman: Prof. Dr. Nong Van Hai
Vice chairman: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Huy Hoang
Secretary: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Dang Ton
|FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
Fundamental and applied researches on genomes of human and of other organisms, training highly qualified human resources, and international cooperation in genomics and related fields.
- Conduct fundamental and applied researches of big data on human genomes, animal genomes, plants, microorganisms, and other organisms.
- Develop and transfer technology; deploy applications, scientific services, and consulting; verify and supervise activities in the field according to the functions and provisions of the law.
- Undertake trial production of products in accordance with legal regulations, based on the inheritance of research results and technological improvements in the fields of molecular biology, biomedicine-pharmacy, and other related areas.
- Train highly qualified scientific and technological human resources in the fields of genomics, biomedicine, pharmacy, and other related disciplines.
- Foster international cooperation in the fields of genomics, medicine, biomedicine, pharmacy, and other related areas; organize the mobilization, receipt, and utilization of aid from organizations and individuals for research, application, and trial production in accordance with the provisions of the law.
- Manage the organization and its apparatus; supervise and utilize the unit's officials and employees according to the provisions of the law and the VAST.
- Manage the unit's finances and assets in accordance with the provisions of the law and the VAST.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President of the VAST