- Research hosting institution of many projects at all levels: State project grant, protocol projects, VAST’s projects and projects of Department of Science and Technology of provinces. Research hosting institution of many projects at all levels: State project grant, protocol projects, VAST’s projects and projects of Department of Science and Technology of provinces.
- Implementing the contract with the Department of Science and Technology of the South provinces.
- Besides doing basic research, ITB is also focusing on advanced technology development activities, application of scientific results into practice and has recently achieved many successes. At the present, ITB has obtained over 20 types of products being commercialized at the local market, and 10 products of which (leaf fertilizers and flowering, fruit-set stimulators) were introduced in the permit list of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- The activities above based on 4 main researches:
+ Plant cell technology and Plant genetic engineering.
+ Animal biotechnology
+ Bioactive compounds technology, Bio conversion technology, Environmental and Microbiology.
+ Ecology and Biological resources.
+ International cooperation: has signed an agreement with the Russian Academy of Science and Technology, St. Petersburg Institute of Zoology; Ukraine Academy of Science; Kiev Botanical Gardens, Ucraina; PharmaBiotek Ltd., Ukraine; Praha Botanical Gardens; International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN); World Wide Fund For Nature (WWF); Graduate School of Horticulture, Univ. of Chiba, Japan; Univ. of Tsukuba, Japan; Univ. of Tokyo, Japan; Tottori Univ., Japan; Algen Sustainable, Washington State, USA; McKnight Foundation, USA; National Institute of Scientific Research, Quebec, Canada; Environmental Science Centers, Quebec, Canada; Ontario Royal Botanical Gardens, Canada; Kunming Institute of Zoology (Chinese Academy of Science).
- Plant cell biotechnology: Rapid micropropagation of economically potential plants by using plant cell, tissue culture.
- Animal reproductive biology (embryo transplantation, artificial insemination, reproductive control by hormone …for cow)
- Investigating, inspecting and conserving biodiversity; estimating the effects of the environment by using bio-indicators and applying the new technologies to environmental treatment.
+ Organizing the training courses and seminars on biodiversity protection and climate change.
+ Producing and dealing in biological products which are based on the results of research for breeding livestock, poultry, aquaculture, cultivation and environmental treatment (BIO-I, BIO-II, BIO-F, BT…).