|Building A10, 18 Hoang Quoc Viet - Cau Giay – Ha Noi
|Director: Prof.Dr. Chu Hoang Ha
|Vice Directors: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Dong Van Quyen |
Assoc.Prof. Dr. Phi Quyet Tien
Dr. Nguyen Trung Nam
Decision No: 21/KHCNQG-QĐ date 6/19/1993
Signed by: Prof. Nguyen Van Hieu
| || || |
|Building A10, 18 Hoang Quoc Viet - Cau Giay – Ha Noi |
|Phone: 84-4-38362599 |
|Fax: 84-4-38363144 |
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Website: ibt.ac.vn |
|Director: ||Prof.Dr. Chu Hoang Ha |
|Vice Directors: ||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Dong Van Quyen |
| ||Assoc. Prof. Dr. Phi Quyet Tien |
| ||Dr. Nguyen Trung Nam |
|SCIENTIFIC COUNCIL |
|- Chairman: Prof. Dr. Truong Nam Hai |
- Vice Chairman: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dong Van Quyen
- Secretary: Dr. Nguyen Trung Nam
|FUNCTIONS AND TASKS |
- Conducting fundamental research and technological development in biotechnology
- Participating in setting up policies, strategies, programming and planning of biotechnology development
- Training high quality human resources in biotechnology for the national development.
- The Institute covers all relevant aspects in gene technology, animal cell biotechnology, plant cell biotechnology, biotechnology of microorganisms, protein and enzyme technology, environmental biotechnology, marine biotechnology, biomaterials technology, bionanotechnology, medical biotechnology, bioinformatics.
- IBT involves in technology transfer in biotechnology and participates in the enterprise and production
- IBT consults and provides services in biotechnology and other related fields for development of bioindustry in Vietnam.
- IBT trains high quality human resources in both the postgraduate (Master, PhD.) and undergraduate levels in bioscience and biotechnology and also provides information, consulting and services for upgrading training and qualification.
- IBT implements international collaborations in biology, biotechnology and other related fields, participates in international exchange programs sending staffs and young scientists for short- and long term qualifications (practical research stays, master and PhD degree studies and postdocs), and organizes international conferences and workshops.
|ORGANIZATIONS || ||HUMAN RESOURCES |
|• Administrative Department |
• National Key Laboratory of Gene Technology
1. Algal Biotechnology
2. Animal Cell Biotechnology
3. Animal Gene Technology
4. Applied DNA Technology
5. Bioassay Group
6. Biology of Reproduction Cells
7. Biomaterials technology
8. Embryo Technology
9. Environmental Biotechnology
10. Enzyme Biotechnology
11. Fermentation Technology
12. Functional biocompounds
13. Genetic Engineering
14. Genetics of Microorganisms
16. Molecular Microbiology
17. Petroleum Microbiology
19. Plant Biochemistry
20. Plant Cell Biotechnology
21. Plant Cell Genetics
22. Protein Biochemistry
23. Soil Microbiology
• Research & Development units
1. Bio-Products Promoting Unit
2. Co Nhue Bio-Experimental Station
3. Tam Dao Bio-Experimental Outstation
4. Union of Science and Production of Biotech and Environment
| || |
|Total: 322 staffs |
|- Professors: 01 |
- Associate Professors: 17
- Doctors: 65
- Masters: 68
- Bachelors/Engineers and Technicians: 171
|Resrearch activities focus on six major orientations: Genomic, proteomic, bioinformatic |
- Studying characterizations of vietnamese human genomic and proteomic
- Studying constructs and functions of genes and proteins
- Applying molecular biotechnology for identification, classification and preservation of biodiversity of gene resources of animals, plants and microorganisms.
- Building the genomic, proteomic and bioinformatic databases
Biotechnology of microorganisms
- Studying and developing pharmaceutical recombinant proteins.
- Studying and developing recombinant vaccines.
- Producing diagnosis kits based on recombinant proteins
Protein and enzyme technology
- Estimating, selecting and exploiting mircoorganisms for using in agriculture, medicine, food processing and polluted environmental treatment.
- Developing fermentation systems, fundamental technologies to improve the effect of productions of recombinant protein and bioactive substances in microorganisms.
- Purifying and improving the commercial enzymes
- Screening target proteins for medicine.
- Designing and developing the bioactive peptides.
- Developing plant cell biotechnologies for preservation and micropropagation of crops and precious plant gene resources.
- Improving characterizations of crops by selecting somaclonal variations and transgenic for hight quality and stress tolerance.
- Studying biodiversity of plant viruses
- Using biotechnologies to control reproduction of dosmetic animal, sperm storage, in-vitro fertilization, embryo transfer, cell cryoconservation
- Studying the production of stem cell as new material resources for regeneration medicine, and for developing biodiversity conservation.
- Culturing animal cells for diagnostic and recombinant protein production.
- Studying to produce transgenic animal and cloning animal
|Main products in 2008: |
- Naturenz: anti-oxydating medicine
- Uphaton: anti-aging medicine for man
- Tiendung: anti-aging medicine for woman
- H5N1 influenza vaccine for poultry
- Diagnostic kits for Salmonella
- Diagnostic kits for H5N1, H1N1, Hepatitis B
- Diagnostic kits for anthrax
- Diagnostic kits for pathogens in fish and shrimp
- TĐB06 rice variety
- Algal omega-3 oil
- Recombinant Mannanase
- Recombinant Subtilisin;
- HA1, HA1-HA2 recombinant antigens
- Antibodies for HER2, CD33, Cyfra 21-1
- MCF7 recombinant cancer cell;
- Acid lactic L(+)
- ONIREF: equipment for de-nitrogen treatment
- Nucleotide sequences of SRY gene,
- STR markers of Y chromosome
- The process of RNAi technology in production of virus resistant plants
|OTHER INFORMATION |
|Website: http://www.ibt.ac.vn/ |