|Address:N0 246 Da Nang Street, Cau Tre Quarter, Ngo Quyen District, Hai Phong City, Viet Nam
|Director: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Quan
|Vice Directors: Dr. Nguyen Van Thao
The IMER was established pursuant to the Decision No: Decree No.62/2008 ND-CP on 12th May 2008
Signed by: Premier Nguyen Tan Dung
|| || |
|Director: || |
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Quan
|Vice Directors: || |
Dr. Nguyen Van Thao
| || |
|SCIENTIFIC COUNCIL |
|- President: Prof.Dr. Do Cong Chung |
- Vice President: Dr. Nguyen Van Thao
- Secretary: Dr. Do Manh Hao
-Members: Prof.Dr. Tran Duc Thanh, Assoc.Prof.Dr.Tran Dinh Lan, Dr.Dinh Van Huy, Dr.Nguyen Van Quan, Dr.Nguyen Dang Ngai, Dr. Duong Thanh Nghi, Dr. Chu Van Thuoc, MSc. Tran Anh Tu
|FUNCTIONS AND TASKS |
- Basic researches and the application of advanced technologies to the fields of coastal, marine and island environment and resources.
- Consulting contributions to the policies and strategies of marine resources development and environment protection.
- Investigate and study aspects of science and technology in the fields of marine environment and resources.
- Study and propose measures to be taken for the protection and sustainable development of marine resources and environment, and natural hazard adjustment.
- Provide services on marine science and technology.
- Conduct cooperations with national institutions and production units on aspects of marine resources and environment.
- Implement international cooperations on marine environment and resource researches.
- Organise training courses on marine environment and resources.
|ORGANIZATIONS || ||HUMAN RESOURCES |
|Administrative Office |
|- Science management division |
- Administrative management division
- Information and library division
- International coorperation division
Research Departments: 08 departments
- Department of Marine Geo-Environment
- Department of Physical Oceanology
- Department of Marine Environmental Chemistry
- Department of Marine Ecology and Animal Resources
- Department of Marine Ecology and Plant Resources
- Department of Marine Phytoplankton and Microorganism
- Department of Marine Conservation and Biodiversity
- Department of Marine Database and Remote Sensing
Monitoring and Survey Units
- Do Son Station for Marine Rerearch
- Northern Station for Marine Environment Monitoring
- Underwater Survey Team
| || |
|The staff with a total of 65 persons |
|Baseline Investigations of Marine resources and Environment |
Assessment of Marine resources and environment
- Since 1959, the IMER has led the implementation of national programmes on: Comprehensive investigations of the Tonkin Gulf, the Quang Ninh - Hai Phong and Hai Phong - Nghe Tinh coastal marine areas.
- The IMER has also carried out a number of national projects and taken part many others related to the following areas : marine biology, physical oceanography, marine chemistry, coastal/marine ecosystems, coastal wetlands, restoration of marine living resources, coastal erosion-siltation, coastal aquaculture, coastal/marine geology and geomorphology.
Marine environment protection and conservation Focus on:
- EIA for coastal/marine development projects.
- Marine science contributions to the development of marine resources and environmental management strategy, policies and plans at national, sectoral and local levels.
- Red tide and marine pollution monitoring.
- Coastal planning
- Research and development of simulation modeling.
Marine Information Management and Publishing
- Integrated coastal zone management.
- Marine biodiversity.
- Marine protected area planning.
- Coastal wetlands inventory and management planning.
- Research in marine ecology and community-based management of ecosystems.
- Gender issues in marine environment management.
- Development of marine database
- The library of marine sciences
- Publishing the annual collection of works on Marine Environment and Resources
- Publishing contributions to marine science and technology
- Organization of seminars, workshops and technical training courses referring to the areas mentioned above.
|International Co-operations |
- The IMER is a national focal point on marine sciences and marine environment in the ASEAN region and the programme JSPS on coastal marine sciences.
- The IMER is among the members of a network on marine environment monitoring in the East - Asia Region, on WESPAC red tide monitoring, on global research in land - ocean interaction in the coastal zone (LOICZ).
- The IMER has implemented cooperative projects with China, Sweden, Canada, Japan, France, Italy, Belgium, Denmark, Russia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, UNDP, WB, IUCN, WWF, ESCAP, UNEP, etc.
|OTHER INFORMATION |
|Website: http://www.imer.vast.vn / http://www.imer.ac.vn |