- Carrying out projects in the frame of state-level and ministry-level in the areas of Structural Mechanics, Mechatronics and Automation, Industrial and Environmental Fluid Dynamics, Marine Mechanics and Sea Environment.
- Carrying out projects in Mechanics in the frame of National Foundation for Science & Technology Development (Nafosted);
- Research and developing the methods for assessing and monitoring technical condition and quality of structures; developing the computational technology in oil extraction; Flood prediction; Control and automation;
- Carrying out contracts with Ministries, Department of cities and other agencies;
- Training doctors and masters in Mechanics and Engineering Mechanics. Cooperating with University of Engineering and Technology, VNU Hanoi in training engineer and master of Engineering Mechanics. Managing school of Mechanical Engineering and Automation, Graduate University of Science and Technology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
Ta Quang Buu Prize 2019 for A/Prof. D.Sc. Pham Duc Chinh in Engineering And Technology with the paper Pham DC, “Consistent limited kinematic hardening plasticity theory and path-independent shake-down theorems”, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences 130 (2017), pp 11–18.
* 112 articles in ISI-covered journals, 29 articles in ISSN-indexed journals.
* 65 articles in VAST2-indexed journals
*153 articles in other national journals and National/International Conferences.
* 06 patents
* 13 monographs and textbooks.
* 22 basic research projects funded by Nafoted, total budget about 16 billions VND.
* 41 VAST-level projects; total budget 22,4 billion VND.
* 01 project funded by Ministry of Industry and Trade, total budget 3,36 billion VND
* 01 project funded by Hanoi Department of Science and Technology, total budget 1,095 billion VND
* 01 project funded by KC4.0 program, total budget 8,162 billion VND
* 01 annual project funded by Environment Protection Fund, total budget 7,1 billion VND
* 131 Institution-level projects, total budget 5,479 billion VND
* 41 contracts with total budget 24,787 billion VND.
* International cooperation with numerous research institutions and universities of Australia, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italia, Japan, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine, USA, Korea, …
* 27 PhD candidates, 01 Master candidates, 02 postdoc.