International Cooperation Department (ICD) is a functional department of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) and has the responsibility of consultancy for VAST’s President in unified management of international cooperation activities within the scopes of responsibility of VAST.
1. Preparing and submitting to the President of VAST 5-year and annual plans, programs and important international cooperation projects for approval; participation in the preparation of 5-year and annual strategies, general planning and long-term development plans of VAST.
2. Planning preparation, organizing to implement, and to manage out and in delegations and other external activities of VAST; mainly responsible and coordinate with the Administration Office and other departments to prepare content, translation, receptions, festivities for Leaders of VAST receive and work with the international delegations in-outside of Vietnam under the laws regulations.
3. Being a key link of VAST's scientific and technological collaboration activities
4. Advising and assisting the President of VAST in proposals, negotiation, conclusion and organised implementation of international cooperation documents on science and technology with foreign countries; coordination with relevant departments in the evaluation of documents, programs and international projects of VAST’s institutions and sub-institutions, centres.
5. Instructing, controlling and supervising institutions and sub-institutions, centres of VAST for the implementation and evaluation of the implementation results of the commitments, programs and international projects on science and technology signed in accordance with the regulations and laws of the Government of Vietnam and VAST.
6. Advising for the President of VAST to organize and co-organize international conferences, seminars and short time schools on science and technology under the laws and the regulations of the Government of Vietnam and VAST.
7. Mainly responsible and coordinated with the Department of Planning and Finance to advise for the President of VAST in organizing and instructing the registration, selection, approval, content evaluation, assessment and acceptance of the projects, VAST-level scientific and technological tasks cooperated with foreign counterparts in accordance with the laws and ther of the Government of Vietnam and VAST.
8. Coordinating with the Department of Planning and Finance and relevant ministries and to advise the President of VAST in the management of the projects, other scientific and technological tasks cooperated with foreign counterparts under the laws and regulations of the Government of Vietnam and VAST.
9. Instructing, supervising and inspecting the VAST’s institutions, centres for international cooperation activities under the laws and the regulations of the Government of Vietnam and VAST.
10. Organising the preliminary and general summarisation, preparing the statistic reports on areas and tasks within the scope of functions of the International Cooperation Department under the laws and the regulations of the Government of Vietnam and VAST.
11. Managing the officials, employees, assets and preparing the emulation ands reward of the International Cooperation Department under the regulations of the Government of Vietnam and VAST
12. Realizing other duties assigned by the President of VAST.